The Explore Volunteering program provides opportunities for Autistic youth and adults to sample a variety of volunteer tasks. The program encourages community engagement while developing volunteer experience, work skills, and communication and social skills.
Learn about our one-to-one navigation services through RWA >>
Learn about our paid training and work experience (CAN-STEP) >>
CAN is no longer requiring a formal autism diagnosis for individuals over 13 years of age who are interested in accessing CAN programs or services. Learn more >>
- Each session consists of 2.5 hours, once per week, for multiple weeks. Sessions for this program take place three times during the year: Fall (October-December), Winter (January-March), and Spring (April-June).
- Up to six participants will be enrolled each session, supported by a program leader, support workers and volunteers.
- Volunteer opportunities vary across settings and work environments (ex: Science World, Union Gospel Mission, community gardens)
- Ages 15+
- Participants must meet session’s age requirements as of the day of the program
- Have an active CAN membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome
- Commitment to attend session on a weekly basis (See Attendance Policy)
This program is specifically designed and adapted for individuals on the autism spectrum.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each Autistic individual is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs. We strive to meet the unique needs of each participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Adult Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ready for work?
Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) is a national initiative that engages, educates and supports employers to hire people with intellectual disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Canucks Autism Network is an RWA partner, co-delivering the program with Inclusion BC in British Columbia.
If you are an individual on the autism spectrum looking for work, or an employer interested in inclusive hiring, we can help you reach your goals.
Learn more about RWA >
Subscribe to the Youth and Adult newsletter to stay up-to-date with our upcoming opportunities.
Newsletters will be sent monthly and will include important information regarding programming, events, and registration.
Winter registration is closed
To submit a late registration request, you must be a CAN member:
- Browse the latest program guide to see upcoming locations, dates, and times.
- Submit a late registration request: canucksautism.ca/late
- If you are not a member, you will need to complete an online membership application before being confirmed into the program.
Please check canucksautism.ca/health for the most-up-to-date information regarding CAN programming.
Those times don’t work for you? Access our online resources and pre-recorded programs that you can follow along at anytime or send us feedback – we’d love to hear from you!