The Monthly Youth & Adult Rec program provides an opportunity for youth and adults on the spectrum to get together, build social relationships, and have a good time.
Events and locations change each month to offer a range of activities that encourage community rec and social engagement. Past activities have included rock climbing, swimming, skating, snowshoeing, pizza parties, & more.
CAN is no longer requiring a formal autism diagnosis for individuals over 13 years of age who are interested in accessing programs or services. Learn more >>
Staff and volunteers support participants as they engage socially and take part in fun, age appropriate activities.
- Session activities vary from month-to-month.
- Each session is a one-day program, which typically varies in time from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs.
- Sessions take place monthly throughout the year.
- Each session consists of 5-10 participants who may be split into smaller groups.
At Canucks Autism Network, we recognize that each individual on the autism spectrum is unique. All individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome in our programs.
We strive to meet the unique needs of each program participant through conversation and collaboration. Please do not hesitate to contact our Youth & Adult Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Participants must meet session’s age requirements as of the day of the program
- Have an active CAN Membership
- Individuals across the autism spectrum are welcome
- Commitment to attend session (See Attendance Policy)
Subscribe to the Youth and Adult newsletter to stay up-to-date with our upcoming opportunities.
Newsletters will be sent monthly and will include important information regarding programming, events, and registration.
Registration opens monthly
Registration for monthly youth & adult rec programs opens on the 2nd Monday of each month.
Visit your CAN online membership account to register.
Don’t miss a registration date!
All important dates are communicated in the monthly member newsletter.
Missed a registration period?
Programs that still have space remaining will open for late registration.
A formal autism diagnosis is not required for Autistic individuals ages 13+. Learn more.